Welcome to the world of Shin-Etsu, where work is varied, challenging and innovative. One day you are working at a project proposal for a new thermal interface of an electric car battery or an optical lens for LED matrix lighting. The other day you visit a developer of a revolutionary electronic satellite antenna or cooperating with the engineering team in Japan for the design of an electrical connection in an IoT terminal or 5G network switch.
Shin-Etsu Polymer Europe in Venlo (www.shinetsu.info), part of the Japanese company Shin-Etsu Polymer, is a leading developer and manufacturer of electro-mechanical components such as capacitive touch sensors, RF connectors, switches, optical lenses and acoustic lenses for the telecommunications industry, the automotive industry and for various medical and industrial applications. All products are being developed, based on a custom-made principle, in close cooperation between customers and the Shin-Etsu Polymer engineering teams. The team based in Venlo (NL) is the intermediary between European customers and the various Shin-Etsu Polymer production and engineering centres in Japan, USA, China, Taiwan, Malaysia, India, and Hungary.
To further strengthen the team in Venlo (NL) and to meet our growth targets, we would like to get in touch with candidates m/f for the position of
Business Development Engineer
- After a thorough training period, you will make a significant contribution to the marketing and sales for some product and/or market segments in Europe. These are still to be determined, mainly depending on your background and expertise.
- This concerns both existing key accounts and new customers, who are served with fully custom-made concepts. This requires a lot of your technical-analytical knowledge and skills.
- You follow market developments and play a coordinating role in the entire order process and give direction to technology developments: from inquiry to design-in and quotation, sampling, release for production and the deliveries at the customer.
- In all phases, which will take quite some time, you work closely together with various departments using modern communication tools and in person, both with the customer and within our own global organization.
- You have some years of experience in a technical-commercial work environment. We also invite recent graduates to apply.
- You have successfully completed a technical Bachelor or Master education. This gives you the ability and skills to think abstractly, to translate customer demand into concrete applications of our materials and components.
- You are a tactful yet decisive personality who combines an analytical mindset with a practical, customer-oriented approach.
- You know how to perfectly substantiate your proposals both technically and commercially and are open to the input of others.
- Command of the English language is required, Dutch, German and/or French is an advantage.
- You like to travel internationally on a regular basis (+ 20-25%) and to work for leading customers and projects.
What does Shin-Etsu have to offer?
Shin-Etsu offers a challenging, international, technical-commercial role with room for initiative, personal development and working with professionals. You will be rewarded with a complete package of primary and secondary benefits, including personal support, a car, and a year-end bonus.
If you are interested, please apply!
For the recruitment and selection of this position, Shin-Etsu works exclusively with the labour market specialists of VectorHR. If you are interested, we would like to receive your extensive curriculum vitae and motivation in English.
Please send your application to firstname.lastname@example.org for the attention of Ankie J.M. Lauwers Msc. Please call her for more information at +31 6 51128525.